Sunday 13 July 2008

Monday, Monday

I have kind of jumped feet first into the whole blogging thing and just let it take me where it may. Over the past few weeks I have spent a lot of time looking at other people’s blogs and discovering what I like and what I don’t and I hope to start implementing that on my blog. Having said that I am starting what looks like a five week stint at a site that does not allow us to access the internet so I am not sure how much I will get around to for the next month or so just because I do spent a lot of time either gathering ideas for the blog or actually putting the blogs together at work. I am excited at the prospect of all the new changes and hope that in the coming months things will start taking shape.

For some time now I have been wanting to get back into paper craft. I grew up with my mom being heavily into stamping and card making and I found scrapping in my early twenties and loved it. Getting back in contact with friends who are crafty paper wise or other has reawakened this desire. After trolling the internet for local classes and crops I have found one in my area and am very excited to form a new community of friends with similar interest. I have a feeling that this will lead to a second blog that focuses heavily on crafting as I want to be able to share my projects with friends and family.

One blog I have really enjoyed looking at and have added to my blog roll but I want to give an extra shout out too is http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/ She is one of those talented people who is so crafty and creative that is blows your mind. She has a video of a card she has designed every Monday as well as lots of other useful information.

I also want to say a big Thank You to Michael 5000. I guess that I would have to say that he was the person who I have looked to the most with the creation and ongoing process of my blog. I have tried very hard not to steal his ideas outright but have taken a good look at a lot of his blog entries and projects and you can see snippets of then coming through in my blog. So for anyone who has not had a chance yet take a look at The Life and Times of Michael 5000, I particularly like the Monday and Thursday quizzes.

Big thank you to all of you who visit on a regular basis leave a comment it makes my day.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

Word. My ideas are yours to steal! Except the one about making up little imaginary countries. That one is MINE, baby!

I hope you can keep the blog going. Blogging is a fun playground.