Thursday 14 June 2012

We leave tomorrow for our first big family holiday. J and I travelled to the US for six weeks when she was just 4 1/2 months old.  I have gone back and forth on my own an number of times since I moved over, and Philip came over to meet my family while I was at home arranging my visas but Philip and I have never travelled together.  We have taken a number of short weekend get a ways together but never a long vacation.  I am looking forward to it and to be honest looking forward to the help with J.

While I have researched travelling with toddlers and done my best to set us up for success if there is anything I know for certain about a toddler is nothing is certain. Tomorrow's flight is going to be luck of the draw.  Will she happily take her morning nap in the car on the way to the airport and be bright as a daisy for the rest of the day and what comes?  While she appreciates routine she also loves a little adventure so I am hoping we can find a good balance of both.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: