Friday 20 March 2009

Trying to be Positive

I sent Mr Y in E off for a month worth of work about 3 hours away from where we live today. It is one of those needs must kind of situations. I try to think positive, I am not sending him off for an 18 month tour of duty in a war torn country. He will be home when he had two days off in a row.

For those of you who don't know Mr Y in E is a chef and before he left this morning he has stocked the fridge and freezer with stuff for me to eat while he is away. He truly believes I am not able to feed myself, that if he was too leave me for two long I would waste away and die of starvation. What he did not know it that I have a few things going for me:

1. I know how to use a microwave and where to buy ready meals.

2. I have take a way menu's in a drawer in the kitchen.

3. I have an excess of body fat and it would take quite a while to actually DIE of starvation.

4. I can actually cook and I am not terrible at it. I am just lazy.

Never the less I have a tuna casserole in the fridge I might seriously have to start giving away because I have no hope of eating it all before it starts to go bad. I also have mini cottage pies in the freezer, the base for a butter bean bake that only requires me to top with bread crumbs and grated cheese and cook.

In my effort to remain positive I have made a list of the pros of this situation:

I get the whole bed to myself. Well I have to share with kitty but worse case scenario I throw him out and close the door.

I get to watch whatever I want on TV and not feel guilty if I know one of my programs conflicts with a footie match

I can eat all the eggplant, peppers, and squash I want and not feel guilty knowing Mr Y in E hates them.

I can make really big messes crafting and not feel the need to clean them up right away.

I can leave my towel on the floor in the bathroom and know it won't annoy Mr Y in E

I can make vegetarian meals with out Mr Y in E commenting on the lack of meat in that evening meal.

This does not really make up for all the Cons of this situation but it does make me feel a little better.

Well the washing machine just dinged and as soon as I hang out my clothes I am off to a new craft shop I found to check out the new stuff and start working on the above mentioned mess.

No comments: