Monday 1 September 2008

The cat is out of the bag

Nope not the literal cat. The super secret location is not so super secret anymore. I was pretty sure that Mr. Y in E knew and he confirmed it on Saturday night when he suggested that I get our French speaking sister in law to call and make the reservation for the super secret restaurant in the not so super secret location. The restaurant is still a surprise. In a way it is more fun now because he can have a say on what we do before we get there.

I was a shopping queen this weekend and pick up a jacket for fall, new winter shoes, and a small over the shoulder hand bag for the trip to Paris. Sadly the jacket has already seen use and it looks like the hopes of an Indian summer in the place of the lack of a real summer seem to be squashed by the 10 day forecast.

For some reason I just can’t really get into the work week this week. I think the fact that we had our three day weekend last week it just seems wrong to already be back at work. I got a lot done over the weekend but should have done more. I was a terrible person and did not do my ironing last night because I still had two ironed shirts. I figured I would do it tonight. Then at 10:30 last night I got a call from a friend asking if I could help her move the last of her stuff into her new flat and set up her bed. I guess I will not do the ironing tonight either.

I am going a way for the weekend with my MIL. Just up to her mother’s place in Lincolnshire to do an end of the summer clean out of the house and try and get the garden in order for the fall. I am looking forward to doing something out of the ordinary but it also means that my normal weekend routine will be broken. This for most people would be no big deal but I am a little OCD. I am already running through plans and rearranging my normal routines in a way that disrupts them as little as possible.

So the Pepsi challenge. Well I have figure out that I need one dose of caffeine a day usually whether it is a small skinny latte or a Pepsi Max. This does not include diet cola as my tipple of choice at pubs and quite frankly I am not going to feel bad about drinking diet cola instead of booze, less calories, less stupidity inducing effects. I am happy to live with 20 oz of Pepsi Max or a small latte a day so I think I will just leave it at that.

And finally something you probably don’t give a crap about. I did my first French manicure on my own nails last night. It looks much better than I expect for the first try but it is not perfect so it is driving me mad. I am not sure if I should take it off and have another go at it or just leave it and deal with my OCD. I will probably just leave it, it is good for me to get over myself.

No comments: