Monday 7 March 2011

Madame's Monday Update


Sideways because she can


Dear Jocelynne,

So no new teeth this week I think that is a first for you at least in the last 6-8 weeks. Don’t feel bad or like you are falling behind really 9 teeth is plenty for the moment. I finally looked up how many baby teeth you will get and it is 20 so we are not even half way there. Seems like a lot of work to not even be half way there. Not that I am in any hurry for you to get the other 11 you have plenty of time really most of your friends your age only have 2-4 teeth.

You have made up for your lack of teething this week with a lovely runny nose. It is never ending I feel bad that all I do is wipe your nose. I turn around for two seconds and you have two huge ribbons of snot running down your face. Sometimes you blow the hugest snot bubbles it makes me laugh. Yup I said it snot bubble, said it on my blog for posterity to read hundreds of years from now, that’s right your great great grandchildren are going to know that you blew really big snot bubbles. On the not so funny side those snot bubbles turned green and you got a fever and started to pull your ears so we got to do our first round of antibiotics. They are fluorescent yellow and imitation banana flavour and you love them. I feel like the last two months of feeding you wholesome food is flushed down the toilet by how much you like your imitation banana flavoured antibiotics.

Speaking of wholesome food I have now realized that when I give you blueberry pancakes you put the whole pancake to your mouth and use your teeth to pick out the blueberries and leave the pancake untouched. I don’t know if I should be impressed at your skills to pick blueberries out of pancakes with your teeth at less than 8 months old or if I should be insulted that you are leaving the perfectly good pancakes I laboured to make you untouched.

You slept from 6pm to 3am last night without waking. I was so excited when I realized that you had slept for 9 hours without waking I almost woke your father to tell him. Luckily just before I did I realize he might not be that impressed with the news at 3am. I am hoping this was not just a fluke but will now become a habit.

Love you much,

Mummy

No comments: