Sunday 2 January 2011

New Years Resolutions

True to form I am running a little late posting my New Years resolutions, and no being more punctual in no going to be one of my New Years resolutions. I was punctual for years and then I had a baby, I think it could be years before I am punctual again. I think a lot of my resolutions will revolve around one word Simplify I don't think I realized before Madame not that I think I would have believed anyone if they told me but being a mom is hard it takes A LOT of time. Doing stuff with and for Madame takes more time than it looks like it should on paper. Just because I should be able to get us both up and dressed and out the door in X amount of time does not mean that it will ever be that easy. So I can bang my head on the wall and complain that no matter what I do I can't keep all the plates spinning or I can just let a few of the plates drop. So here goes:

1. Stop doing EVERY children's activity I hear about. Even having 1 activity a day is a little optimistic. Choose 2-4 things a week I really love to do with Madame and even those are not important if we don't make it to Sing Song time at the local children's center on a Monday so what the world won't end.

2. Madame seems to like her morning nap, if she continues this when we get to the UK only choose planned activities and invitations for afternoon activities. I know it is impossible to never have to do something in the morning but she has been so much happier since most days of the week she has her morning nap at home and can nap as long as she wants uninterrupted. It means I also get some time to do what I want/need.

3. Realize my goal weight at Weight Watchers. I am roughly 35lbs away from goal so if I stay on track for the year and they say 1-2lbs a week is a good weigh loss, over a year this should be obtainable. While I really want this to happen I also realize that weight loss and life don't follow a magic formula where you always loose 1-2lbs a week. I also have no idea how my body will react as I start to wean Madame onto solids and it may take a while to get my extra points allowance adjusted as we move from Madame being totally breastfed through starting solids and what I envision by the end of this year a child who nurses little or none at all.

4. Use Project Life to be able to continue scrapbooking in a less fussy way. While I love to scrapbook in the traditional way with lots of paper and embellishments I don't have the time right now. I hope that it is something that will return as Madame becomes less dependent on me. However I want my memories to be more than just photo's on a hard or even in a photo album so I am hoping that this will be a way for me to have fun with my scrapbooking but keep the work to a minimum until I can start being more creative. I have seen some cool ideas on how to alter and add to the Project Life kit so that when and if I have time can do more but if I don't just adding photos and journaling will help me to document our live through 2011.

No comments: